Rusty toilet stains are a common problem with most households. In fact, a lot of people have a hard time cleaning rusty stains because they’re quite tricky to remove. Sometimes, no matter how often you try to clean them with toilet bowl cleaner, the stains keep coming back and they’re hard to remove!
To make your life easier, here are some tips on how to get rid of rusty toilet stains:
Cleaning with pumice stone
- Get the water out of the toilet bowl. The first step is to turn off the water supply to the toilet. Look for the small valve on a thin pipe which is connected to the bottom part of the toilet tank. Flush the toilet so that the water will be drained and then carefully turn the valve.
- Using warm water, scrub the rust stains with a cleanser and sponge. This will help remove some of the rust stains.
- Using the pumice stone, wet it and scrub on the remaining stains. Continue dampening the stone and scrub harder until the stains are completely gone.
- In a container, pour ¼ cup vinegar (distilled). Then dip a washcloth or sponge into the vinegar. Dab the rust stains with the damp cloth or sponge and let the vinegar stay on the stains for several minutes. Next, buff the vinegar onto the rust stain and rinse off with water.
- Mix some lemon juice and ¼ cup of borax until you create a sticky paste. Apply the paste onto the stain and let it stay for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Wet the stained portion using your toilet brush and sprinkle some cleanser powder with oxalic acid. Then gently scrub the stain. Be careful though because oxalic acid is toxic.
- Dip one end of the pumice stick in water and gently rub the stain. Rinse thoroughly.
Hope these tips will help you. Now, you can get rid of those ugly rust stains in your toilet.
As you can see, there is a solution to just about any problem you’re having. So, whether you have stains on your carpet or even toilet rust stains, there is always a way to get rid of the problem so that it’s either not visible or so that the appearance has diminished. MyGetRidOfGuide.com, a website that can offer several solutions to your most unwanted problems.